Solar Bear or Sungrabber?

Im about to take the plunge (pardon the pun!) and get myself a solarpanel (or 2) for my pool. Im wondering if the price difference for the solar bear is worth it?

As far as i can tell they are the same with these differences:
Solar bear is 2in headers, sungrabber in 1.5
Solar bear is a single 4X20 panel, sungrabber is 2 sets of 2X20 panels

For now they will be ground or rack mounted, eventually they will be roof mounted, is there any difference when roof mounting them?

Ive seen sungrabber for around 130-150, solar bear is around 200.

Any other panels that i should take a look at before i buy?

Thanks!

We have had both. The Sungrabbers did not last and became brittle. The Solar Bears have lasted for several years now. We have some members here who are so much better than I am at calculating efficiency factors but the gist of what they said was that it is more efficient for the water to travel through the 2" headers than smaller. The 4x20s look much neater and tidier than a bunch of 2x20s hooked together. JMHO.

I'm glad you mentioned quality issues, I thought they would be of the same quality considering they are close in price and both made by fafco. I was leaning toward the bears for the reasons you mentioned already, now i'm pretty sure I'll get the bears unless sombody knows of another type or brand I should look at first

I just believe we have a decent quality and durability with the ones we have now. We had issues with the others some years back - I cannot speak for their quality today. Good luck!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.