BIGGIO's 3000 Hit

Jun 18, 2007
Spring, Texas
OK, I told Tagprod and KTDave I would post this video from the game Biggio hit 3000. I will apologize ahead of time for the low quality (digital still camer) and not such good filming, but how often do you get to see a legend make history with your family and try and keep your composure? Yeah, I am the dork who sticks his face in front of the camera and goes woohoo...no coments needed on that.

here is the link to video...the crowd noise alone is worth the watch. Just thought I'd share what is was like to be there...almost brought tears to my eyes (actually it did) to be able to share that with my 3 sons. Enjoy.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i180.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid180.photobucket.com/albums/x93/wardsntx/7eb9cbec.flv"></embed>

it's fitting the way this season has gone that he got thrown out trying to stretch it into a double. Looks like you were sitting in roughly the same place I was when I saw the 18 inning marathon playoff game with the Braves the year we went to world series.

OK, I only see it fit to share this with everyone as well. I too am a huge ASTROS fan. The company I work for is a season ticket holder. I was given this opportunity early in the season and took full advantage:

Me and my family at batting practice on the field!!!! :shock: :-D
May2007139.jpg

Skipper/ Phil Garner
May2007157.jpg

Hunter Pence (Rookie of the Year????)
May2007176.jpg

And #7 himself Craig Biggio
May2007200.jpg

I have a total of 180 pics to share but a few will give you an idea of a chance of a lifetime... Not to mention the rest of the team and autographs my son and I received. You want to know the ironic thing... My happiest experience was seeing my sons face as he got to shake the hands of all of these pros, get their autograph, and talk to these guys. :goodjob:

Edit - Jay, thanks for sharing. I was not fortunate enough to make it to the game. However, my son made it and brought me back the "3000 Hit Club" souvenir poster and gave me his ticket. It is hanging in my office.

ouch!

Those are some great pics....my 7 and 9 year old would have killed to be your kids...my wife too if Brad Ausmus was around :wink:

Thanks for sharing. I too was at the 18 inning marathon last year...too bad last call was 11 innings earlier!!!!

OH yeah, my wife was quite happy when Brad came strutting out on deck and stopped by. He really is a nice guy. "A hunk of burning love", according to my wife. go figure.... I won't go into details but my daughter got dehydrated on the field and puked. So, if you do talk to any of them just ask about the little girl who lost her cookies on the field. That would be us. It is always an adventure with children. :-D

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I was fortunate to take my family to see the Tigers Verlander pitch a no-hitter this year. I only had my cell phone with me, captured the last few pitches, you can really feel the energy, very memorable.
I was even on the news that night, TV crew parked next to my car and interviewed us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.