Course of action for pink algae

You fight pink algae the same way you would real algae, shock the pool. As long as your have proper FC levels and good circulation it should go away and stay away.

Pink algae, as others have already mentioned, is actually a bacteria. It is very rare for chlorine pools to get pink algae, because it can only get going at extremely low FC levels. It is far more common in baquacil pools.

Thanks Richard must have looked over that many times.

Been shocking the pool since last night added more bleach this am to bring it up to shock level. I will continue to do so until the chlorine holds over night.

Yanked out the deep end ladder and it was all over the bottom of the ladder. So I will brush it with a bleach solution this weekend before I put it in. Also bleach the skimmer, return jets, aroung the pool light and the steps. I really want to hit all the crevices this thing could be hiding.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.