Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: flagstone source in Houston area

1. Back To Top    #1

flagstone source in Houston area

I am now going on 3 months waiting on my builder to find the final 150-200 sq ft. of flagstone to match the rest of what was installed.....(long story, but they ran out!). Anyhow, I'm tired of waiting on them so I'm looking for info on flagstone sources in Houston who can help with matching what we have. Everything we have seen has too much rust color, where ours is mostly light tan with black and darker tan.

Anyhow, I appreciate any suggestions on where/how to locate flagstone to match existing.

Thanks in advance all.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Katy, TX
    Custom Stone is where we found our flagstone. They had lots of choices.
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

3. Back To Top    #3
    Spring, Texas
    Agree on Custom Stone....

They have more than I could ever go through in a day.

Good Luck
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

Richmond, Texas
    Custom Stone Supply, Model Stone, San Jacinto Stone, Alamo Stone

6. Back To Top    #6

Rock Materials off 2920 up in spring has a graet selection as well. Very nice sales reps as well...

BTW what part of town are you in?? That may help....I know OK wister flag has been in short supply from all the rain up in Oklahoma. The quarrys were flooded for awhile..
    16k I.G. Gunite, SWCG, 1.5hp Hayward Pump, .75hp Booster Pump w/ Hayward Phantom Cleaner,Hayward C5025, swimclear cartridge filter, 400k Hayward heater.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Thanks for the help everyone. Stakeman, I'm in Friendswood (guess I need to update my profile!).

My wife went to the Builder's supplier (not sure of the name) on the North side and find some she thinks will work. They deliver and (if it's OK -- I was out of town, so have not seen it) and install. Sure be nice to be finally finished. But if not, I'll check out Custom Stone. Most likely will anyhow because landscaping is next.