New Pool, Lake Forest CA

Apr 18, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
First of all, thanks to everyone for all of the great information found here. I'm very excited about maintaining my own pool (at least giving a try) with all of the great info provided here. We've just signed a contract with Mission Pools, here in Lake Forest, and are waiting for approval by our home owners assoc. which meets tonight!

Here are the specs:

110'perimeter, approx. 20' x 34' with 24" and 36" raised bond beams in areas.
522 sq. ft. area, 19,575 gal., 3.5' to 8' deep
IG, gunite, mini-pebble(likely Wet Edge, color TBD)
Golden Ray stone face on raised bond beams
3" suction, 2" return lines, 2 skimmers, 2 Intellibrite LEDs
Raised 8' dia. spa with 8 jets, 1 Intellibrite LED
36" high jump platform
20' Inter-fab Build Your Own Slide
4' Rain fall cascade
1 Intelli Pro VS-3050
1 Dyna Pro 1 hp pump for slide and cascade
Pentair IC-40 SWCG
EZ touch wireless 8 controller
System 3 Mod Media 450 filter
405k BTU Ray-Pak Heater
680sf acid washed colored concrete deck
Color concrete coping or stone coping (TBD)
12'x20' open lattice patio cover, supported by 24" pilasters.
Landscaping with irrigation and low voltage lights.

Thanks for letting me share, and I will start posting pics once things are underway. Of course, any feedback is appreciated.

I will say that one of the hardest decisions so far has been about installing an A&A in floor cleaning system. I still have time to do it (price seems right compared to others here), but it is listed as an option in the contract right now.

-Tim

Congratulations :cheers: I worked for Mission Pools for almost ten years, and they are a top notch builder, and one of the few in the Master Pool Builders Guild. Who was your designer?

I would pass on the in floor system. They work well in areas with a lot of sand and fine materials (like Palm Springs or much of Arizona), but chances are you don't have much, if any, of that in your area. I would think that you would do well with a regular pool cleaner and just a little bit of time to get what it misses. The in floor heads always have "issues" at some point also.....

Typical Mission job, with all the best equipment! Great choice!!

I have an A&A in-floor system, in Arizona where they "work well". It does keep the pool clean (mostly), but it's more trouble/money than it's worth. If you do get it, make sure that your wall returns are plumbed separately with a 3-way valve. Don't let them make the wall returns one of your zones! That way, you can run the system only when you need to, and save energy on low speed (2-speed pump, right?) and wall returns the rest of the time.

...System 3 Mod Media 450 filter, 405k BTU Ray-Pak Heater... sounds familiar. That's the same equipment that I jacked from a pool that Mission built. You'll like that heater and filter, I do so far.

Thanks for the encouraging words! Here are some photos of the progress to date. I'm very happy with the work so far, and love how responsive the PB is to any concerns I've had.

Attachments

• Rebar small.jpg
    Rebar small.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 485
  • Rebar_2 small.jpg
    Rebar_2 small.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 485
  • Excavation small.jpg
    Excavation small.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 485

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Been a while, so thought I'd post some updated photos. We had hoped to be swimming by this weekend, but we lost about a month due to a crisis with the slide. Long story short, we couldn't do the custom Build Your Own Slide...so plan B is a rock slide which is underway. Hopefully not much longer! Sorry that these photos are mostly of landscape, but we are really happy with how things are looking.

I think we've decided on Wet Edge Satin Matrix Costa Tropical pebble, but don't know when we might get plastered (1-2 weeks?).

Attachments

• tile small.jpg
    tile small.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 312
  • cover small.jpg
    cover small.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 309
  • scape small.jpg
    scape small.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 310
Well, we've been swimming for nearly 3 weeks and are thrilled with how things turned out! We were a little nervous about how the waterline tile would look with the water, but the Costa Tropical pebble really gave us the blue water we were looking for. Tomorrow the salt goes in and I'm very excited to feel the difference.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Attachments

• IMG_5267small.jpg
    IMG_5267small.jpg
    226.7 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5206small.jpg
    IMG_5206small.jpg
    199.2 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_5211small.jpg
    IMG_5211small.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 180
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.