irvinenewbie

I think your picture of your web is awesome! I am a simple country girl but hanging lights from those strings would be very fun for night time swimming and might even keep the ducks out.

I let my dog swim in our little 12'x33" today and notice feces in the bottom and promptly scooped her out and came looking for anything I should know about her getting worms or something. We chlorinate regularly but I am gonna have my husband check the Ph level and everything. This is the first time I saw poop and the first time I forgot to put the top on at night. The advantages to a little kiddy pool for the Chihuahua to exercise in..lol

Suzanne

geosojda said:
In fact last year one of the females laid an EGG on the side of the pool! :hammer: Luckily we only have one pair visiting us, but let us know how the sting thing works, we may have to resort to something like that here.

This happened to us 2 weeks ago. There was a pair of ducks swimming in the pool and I chased them away. The next evening, I found a duck egg by the pool. I forgot about it until the next morning and it was gone. The morning after the ducks were back swimming again. I chased them away again. I have not seen them since but I had noticed duck poop at the bottom of the pool for the following few days. I let the pool cleaner take care of it. Hopefull they won't return since we had not seen ducks, duck eggs or duck poop in the pool in the past few days. They are cute but very messy.

Well, we did not get around to getting the rubber snakes from the Dollar Store and guess what? Mother duck is now swimming in the pool with her 10 little chicks. We have a rubber duckie thermometer in the pool. When they were swimming back and forth trying to find a way out since mother duck was calling them, the rubber duckie was stuck within the bunch. It was funny to watch. Now the problem is trying to get them out of our back yard. We have wood fences. They are too young to fly. So do we have to wait until they fly away or is there a way to get them all out at the same time?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We got 4 rubber snakes last night from the Dollar Store. Put them around the pool where we thought she would get in with her chicks. No luck. This morning, 3 of the chicks were swimming in it but mother duck and the rest of them were not in sight. This sounds like a losing battle. I think we will try to get them out with the leaf net just to discourage them.

By the way, the rubber snakes that we got is the kind that grows (inflates) in water as long as the water temperature is below 77 degrees according to the packaging. Is it ok to put them in the pool in terms of chemicals that they are made of? We might try that since laying them around the pool is not working yet.

kal2002 said:
By the way, the rubber snakes that we got is the kind that grows (inflates) in water as long as the water temperature is below 77 degrees according to the packaging. Is it ok to put them in the pool in terms of chemicals that they are made of? We might try that since laying them around the pool is not working yet.

Mother duck is back and she has 11 chicks this year. Any more ideas how to get rid of them? The rubber snakes did not work this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.