Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Timer dilema

1. Back To Top    #1

Timer dilema

I have a pool pump with a standard 3 prong plug but a new SWCG that has a control that needs to be hard wired to a timer. Any suggestions?
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Timer dilema

An electrician (or you if you feel up to it) can hardwire the pump into a timer also, just cut off the cordcap (plug) and wire it in the timer with the SWCG
    40 x 16 IG Vinyl. Goldline SWG
    160 Sq Ft Roof mounted solar array
    2014 Hydropool Serenity 5000 Hot Tub
    The Pool School- A great place to start
    Jason's Pool calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Timer dilema

Thanks, I figured that but had not asked my DH. He has done all of the electrial work to wire our home and farm. I just hate dumping more pool work on him but that sounds like something he could make short work of. Thanks again!
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!