Weird Blue and Gray Spots on the walls of the pool

May 3, 2010
Thank you for everyone's green pool problem. I'm finally getting good readings on my chemistry. Now I have another problem, but was not sure whether I should start a new thread since it is a separate problem or continue on the old one. If I was suppose to continue on the old one, I apologize and could the Mod kindly merge this with "trying to restore green pool" thread.

Well I see weird discoloration on the walls and the steps of my pool as you can see in 1.jpg attached. Is this something that can be corrected by treating the water or is it something what will have to be repainted?

Second minor question is, what is that pipe sticking up from the middle of my cartridge filter in 2.jpg?

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    177.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 89
Don't know about the spots, but the pipe in your filter looks like it's there to help the cartridge stay centered when you put the top back on.
(This is my guess, since I have a sand filter with a pipe sticking up, for centering the valve assembly.)

TripleB4me said:
Second minor question is, what is that pipe sticking up from the middle of my cartridge filter in 2.jpg?

It's an air bleed tube with filter.
yep

First question the pic is hard to determine what you are asking. What kind of pool do you have? What was the original color of the pool, do the spots come off or does it looked like it is chipped off?

whoozer said:
TripleB4me said:

It's an air bleed tube with filter.
yep

First question the pic is hard to determine what you are asking. What kind of pool do you have? What was the original color of the pool, do the spots come off or does it looked like it is chipped off?

Not sure what the original color was. I'm assuming blue? I tried scrubbing it with a brush, but it doesn't seem to be coming off. It is a concrete pool? there's no vinyl liner or anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.