This is my first time posting so forgiving me if a little slow. I've read quite a few postings but I still would like to get some feed back from actual pool users. We are replacing our AGP liner and would like to make some upgrades to it. One of those situations where if you had to do it over again what would you do differently type of thing. Our pool is an 18x33 Voyager by Garden Leisure, we've had it since 2003 and it holds 15,041 gal of water and the walls are 52" heigh.
1) Is it worth expanding the bottom and creating a deep end?
2) Should we put another skimmer in (we already have one wide mouth skimmer)?
3) Should we put another return in, we only have one now and it seems like from reading other posts that a second return would be a good choice for circulation.
4) Should we add a SWG? I think I know the answer to this one and it's yes.
5) Does anyone have any recommendations on a specific brand of bottom (geotex type of flooring), wall foam and coving. We had issues with ants with our last liner. The second year we had our pool ants dug underneath and made divots all around the bottom, it was still fine to swim but looked terrible. I don't want that to happen again and I've even considered having some cement put down, any thoughts on that?
6) Where is a good place on-line to get an AGP liner, at least 25gauge, and if we do a deep end where we could get an expandable one, those seem to be a little more difficult to find in the higher gauges.
Here is some more info on our equipment.
Hayward Max-Flo pump 1hp; Hayward ProSeries high-rate sand filter 24' holds 300 lb of sand; Titan Ti2 heat pump; Intermatic timer/T104R3; 1 1/2" - 2" PVC; 2 Nitelighters
Hope that's all the info you need? Thanks in advance for your help. After reading about the chemicals I'm definitely going to switch over to the BBB method, can't believe how much money I've been wasting.