Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new Whisperflo WFDS-24

1. Back To Top    #1

new Whisperflo WFDS-24

Hello All - First post and looking for some assistance on wiring and use of this new 2 speed pump.... Here are my questions

1) There is a switch on the back but no indication as to whether the switch being up or down is the high speed ??

2) I'm not sure where to connect the wires on the pump connectors to make it operate properly... right now, no matter whether the switch is up or down, it goes one speed ?

3) Any pointers on connecting to a older style " clock wheel with metal clip type timer" ?

thanks in advance
    Tim
    Researching pools - future pool owner! (hoping for inground, gunite/concrete, 18'-22' x 38'-42' approx, hot tub)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new Whisperflo WFDS-24

Welcome to TFP

First thing we need is a little more info. Such as brand and model of pump. A little equipment info wouldn't hurt either. Some pics would be good to if you could post them.

1) If it's a three position switch, up is usually high, middle is off and down is usually low. Without more info that's about all the advice I can give you.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the welcome! -
    its a Pentair WFDS-24 pump 1.00 hp 1.65 SF - Whisper Flo
    The switch is just either up or down - You can't see it in the pic below... its on the back end

Researching pools - future pool owner! (hoping for inground, gunite/concrete, 18'-22' x 38'-42' approx, hot tub)

4. Back To Top    #4

I can't find a wiring diagram for it on the Pentair site. Can you give me mfg of the motor and maybe I can find it there? It's probably an A.O.Smith. Also if it's 115volt or 230volt?
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

I'm 99% sure its a 230 volt and yes, there was an AO Smith sticker on it - I really apprecaite your assistance

6. Back To Top    #6

There should be a wiring diagram on the motor. They don't always arrive setup quite the way you might expect.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

7. Back To Top    #7

OK... thanks Jason -I'll check that when I get off work

8. Back To Top    #8

Jason - By the way, I'm in Maryland too - outside a little town on the Eastern Shore called Trappe