here are my numbers
FC 5
CC 0
Tc 5
ph 7.4
TA 70
CYA 35
CH 320
the pool is crystal clear and looks great. My Question is, My pool is close to my house and when the tail of the polaris cleaner whips its tail out of the water, it gets the windows wet. Is the white stain from the hard water or is it from the bleach(chlorine).
And if i put borates in the pool will this help with the staining of the windows. I have the stuff to do the borates, just have not had the time to do it yet...
thanks

most likely the Calcium and whatever salt the bleach is adding...borates will not make it any worse, but it will not fix the issue...on the other hand it will make the water feel softer.

Minerals in the water.

If you were to take a pot, add some water, and boil it until it was gone, you would have the dissolved solids remaining in the pot. This is nothing more than the minerals in the water that were left after evaporation. By boiling it, you just cause it to evaporate really quickly. Same thing when it comes to your windows. The water evaporates, leaving behind the minerals.

There's an app for that--uh, I mean, tighten up the Sweep Hose Adjustment Screw a bit, and the tail won't thrash so much.

I get some white stuff on my flagstones, didn't occur to me that it was dried splashout/tail whip, but that makes sense as my CH is in the same range as yours.
--paulr

paul i have done that, its better but still sends water flying... so i just plan on washing windows every Friday before we have anyone over.... with the solar clover it does not do that.. but cant keep it on all the time!!!
But hey it could be worse, its easier to clean windows then vacuum a pool...
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.