New AG pool; liner question - HELP!

dsharp

May 3, 2010
New Orleans, LA
The vinyl liner in my new AG pool isn't close to touching one far oval corner wall. It's just filling up with water now, but the liner must be 10 inches away from the wall in the back corner. I can't even push the wall and liner close enough together to make them touch. Is this normal or did they possibly give me a 10x26 liner for my 10x30 pool? Will it stretch with warmer temps (it's only been in the 70s today) or a full pool???

I also noticed the box for the beaded liner said "15x30x52", but my pool is a 54-inch pool. My pool installer said the track for the beaded liner is not at the top of the wall the top (I looked; he's right) and a 52-inch liner is correct so as to avoid wrinkles, and that the water will stretch the liner out. I hope he's right. Should I be concerned?

Liners can stretch quite a bit when they are new. At the same time, it is important that the stretch doesn't get concentrated in one place. If the liner is off center away from the place where you are having a problem, you could have too little tension on the opposite side and too much tension in the area that is giving you a problem right now.

A picture might allow us to give you a more specific answer.

A 52" beaded liner is made to go into a 52" pool with a bead receiver in the correct place - a 54" beaded liner is made to go into a 54" pool with the bead receiver in the correct place. The manufacturer knows that the bead receiver sits a specific distance below the top of the wall and therefore they are made for your pool using the measurements of your pool. I'm sorry but I truly think your PB brought you the wrong liner. I use a beaded liner and would never order one designated for a pool smaller than mine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.