Hard Plumbing AG

pedsrn

May 29, 2007
Alabama
We're replacing our pump so we are going to hard plumb while we're at it. Hubby is a plumber, but we do have one question (we have not received the new pump yet but trying to get the stuff together).

The threaded part that fits on the pump and also on the filter..
are these standard unions or do we need something special to make those fittings?

They should accept standard unions or come with the specialty 1/2 unions to match the existing threads :cool:

As DH is a plumber, I'll not proffer advice on connecting the new pipes :-D (but will remain 'on call' if he has any pool specific plumbing questions.)

Good luck with the new plumbing and i hope you have a GREAT pool season!!

Thanks, Ted! :)

Well, I over-simplified above so allow me to correct. He is not a licensed plumber, but has done plumbing for as long as I've known him (as an apprentice). He is actually a Maintenance Engineer at a hospital (that's a maintenance man for common folk..lol).

I dunno..he has plumbed our house and many others, worked for roto rooter for years and does plumbing in a hospital daily, but when I mentioned doing this his "I'm the best plumber in the world" confidence seemed to shrink :wink:

We very well may have more questions. Any suggestions are welcome!

I appreciate your assistance!

before you guys do this make sure that you have a way to compensate for the filter sinking. The guys that put our pool in hard plumbed the filter without putting anything under it. I saw the problem coming and put in the large 1.5" PVC unions with the screw on ends. I also put in the union-valves. That way the filter(and it's pad) can sink a bit and all you need to do is loosen the union and re tighten. Also makes for easy break down come winter.

--chris

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.