sand in screen for polaris 65

May 9, 2010
Just replaced sand in filter (Doughboy media master). Before changing sand occasionally found small amount of sand in screen for polaris65. Now sand stops polaris from moving at least twice in 24 hour period. I have to blow out screen and replace, then all is well for a while. I bought sand at very reputable store, in business 20 years or longer. Before changing sand, filter tilted to one side, I assumed this was the cause of sand deposit. Filter is now level.
Also I recently replaced the valve cover due to a crack in the housing.
Any clues? :?

I didn't inspect the pipe or assembly closely. I didn't think at the time that could be the problem. I assumed it was the tilt in the filter. The sand did not have a label identifying the mesh, just the warning that it was silica sand and use breathing apparatus while installing. Sent the wife to pick it up. I had called the store and asked for # 20 pool sand.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.