Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Leak by bump lever on a hayward 40 DE filter

1. Back To Top    #1

Leak by bump lever on a hayward 40 DE filter

DE filter leaking thru bump lever. I am thinking this is a bad sign. The only thing i did this years is clean it out good. besides backwashing all the DE out. Looking like i have to tear her down and inspect for cracks or tears in the seals. Ugh Any tips what to look for??? TIA!!
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Leak by bump lever on a hayward 40 DE filter

Sounds like the bump shaft o-rings to me.
    24' Round A/G 14,500 gallons, Hayward HeatPro HPABG Deluxe 60K BTU heat pump, Hayward EC50AC DE filter w/1HP Matrix Pump

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Leak by bump lever on a hayward 40 DE filter

Thanks!!! After further inspection there was some hair line cracks that i didnt feel comfortable with, and to redo all the seals would have costed around 100 bucks, I got a new perflex 40 for a great deal.
    The old one will be cannibalized for fingers and such. It lated 15 years,
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!