How to clean salt from pre-cast pavers?

flyboy320

Jul 23, 2009
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I have a waterfall feature made out of pre-cast pavers, and over the winter there seems to be a few spots where it seems to be leaching stuff from the joints/pavers. It's milky in color, and I tried scrubbing with just pool water, but it seems fairly hard, and was wondering if something more like muric acid might remove it? If it will, what's the best way to go about using it on the waterfall, should I dilute it, do I have to be careful about not getting it on the liner?

That sounds like efflorescence. It is probably caused by water getting behind the pavers and carrying dissolved debris to the surface where it is deposited. You can clean it off with acid and water. Start with 1 to 10 acid to water, and if that goes too slowly raise it to 1 to 4 acid to water. You don't want to get any acid on the liner. If you do drip some on the liner, rinse it right off with lots of pool water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.