Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 prices

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 prices

I'm planning to replace an old Jandy Ray Vac with a Polaris 360. My local pool stores all have it for $549.00. I've seen it online for prices between $379.00 - $600.00. My concern is that the very low online prices are stated as new when they are really refurbished or not a complete package including hose, floats, bag, etc. or are really old as evidenced by some sellers stating that the box is a bit worn but is factory sealed and brand new. Are there issues with older models that have been corrected in more recently manufactured ones?

Does anyone recomment a particular online seller? Is there a price point I should just assume is too good to be true?
    ~26000 gal gunite with steel walls (aka "hybrid"), sta-rite sand filter - T-200-BP1, 3/4hp Pentair Whisperflo pump, figure-8 shaped pool, polaris 380 and booster pump, borates, Compupool CPSC 36 SWCG.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 prices

I picked up one on eBay last month for $379 shipped, and it was brand spanking new! It may be a little more difficult to find one that cheap with us almost getting full swing into the pool season. I just checked, and the person I bought it from on eBay doesn't have any more for sale.

Just keep looking. Hopefully, you are not in a big rush. With time, you can definitely beat the regular $500 price, maybe even $400!

15,000 gallons in-ground kidney shaped, 15' x 30' Vinyl liner 3.5' to 6.5' deep
    1 ½ hp Pentair Challenger pump w/ Intermatic timer (220V)
    Pentair Sand Dollar Top-Mount Sand filter SD-60
    Pool construction began 3/15/10. Finished 4/03/10.
    BBB Method with Salt (No SWG, possibly next year)
    TFTestkits TF-100 XL & Lamotte Borate test strips
    Add borax to improve feel & prevent algae
    The Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Polaris 360 prices

i can save you some money
    but wow $379 shipped that's a great deal