Pool Build - California Dreaming - 3 Years Closer

Re: Pool Build - California Dreaming

I live in the Inland Empire too. I would love to find out what subs you used and if you would use them again. Would you be willing to share that info with me?

I hope the references helped.

Btw I just finished out my firebowls and firepit with glass fill. I used some white glass base topped with ovals in Aqua and Orange to give them a modern yet very casual like feel. I was going to use lava rock but decided it was not for me.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll try to post some pics of the finished project.

It's 3am and I've just finished reading all 36 pages. I'm in total awe of this whole project. It's absolutely amazing. Hope you are getting to relax and enjoy it.
I have a friend who travels 2-3 weeks out of the month for work and during his time off he loves just staying and enjoying his home, his wife wants to go to resorts on vacations, so you truly have the best of both worlds having this in your backyard.

Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us.

Thank you for the kind compliment. LOL ! :-o:-o Its the same with me and the wife. I like to stay at home and work on the "next project" while she likes to travel. This year we did make up for it, taking the family to Hawaii, NYC and then S. America in a 6 month span when things at work got slow. So we are all good now. I get to now stay at home for at least the rest of the year I hope.

I did get a couple more projects completed - I did want to start the pool house but the economy is not quite there yet. Instead I installed some 12' x 15' electric awnings, one on each side of the arches which provides (absolutely necessary) shade in the sunken grill area and the swim up bar. I wired the awnings such that they are opened and closed through the Intellitouch pool controller. Definitely a much needed improvement which adds more enjoyment especially with the high heat and burning sun here in this part of California. I'll post a few pictures.

Thanks much Flippy for the compliment.

The palms shown in the round planter above are called Royals, or Cuban Royals. They are native to Caribbean and South Florida. They have grown really well here in SoCal and are not too hard to find. I have 4 drips lines running from one pipe that runs under the pavers and plumbed to the irrigation system in the adjacent yard.

Also shown are the low voltage lights in the steps leading to the raised spa area. The funny thing is that for 3 years my wife has been asking me to finish them, but now they are done she is already on me for the next item. :hammer:

Hi Spillmar, such an amazing work you had done! I see that you have a Interfab G-Force Pool Slide. Would you please give me some feedback on that? Is it working great? Do your children like it? Will the novelty wear off after a couple of season? Does this model give a good speed when they get shoot out from the slide? I am trying to decide wether I should somehow put in a slide for my children. Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks CC, yes that is the model of the slide; it is extremely rugged, well built and very solid once you put in the fasteners.

Kids still very much enjoy it and other kids visiting love it.

To me its safer than a diving board. It does slide fast and can take a 250 lb person as well with ease.

I found this one used on CG and it was in perfect condition. I see no issues with buying one second hand. Hope this helps.

Spillmar

I'm getting ready to start an owner build in Riverside Co (Menifee), within the next couple weeks. I tried to pm you but your box is full, would you be kind enough in giving me a lead on a few subs specifically excavation?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Spillmar,

Your Pool is amazing! Along with the rest of your backyard. Thank you so much for sharing your entire experience with us to enjoy and learn. Completely impressive to say the least. I just started my own pool build and therefore I love reading everyone's journey. As I am so unskilled in this area. But your pool is just stunning!!

I just wanted to say, spillmar is the type of guy to go out of his way to help someone. A big thanks for all your help so far, I can't really describe to the forum how much I've learned just talking to you for a few hours, but very grateful.

Spillmar,

Your Pool is amazing! Along with the rest of your backyard. Thank you so much for sharing your entire experience with us to enjoy and learn. Completely impressive to say the least. I just started my own pool build and therefore I love reading everyone's journey. As I am so unskilled in this area. But your pool is just stunning!!

Thanks Heather for the kind words. All the best on your pool build.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.