Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: added sodium bromide to my salt water generator pool OOPS

1. Back To Top    #1

Brownsville, TN

added sodium bromide to my salt water generator pool OOPS

I use Autoclear Plus SWG. I had a yellow or brown algae problem. was recommended "the yellow stuff" (98% sodium bromide) to my pool to treat it. It seems start to work, but I did not know i converted my chlorine pool to bromine. I HAVE NOT RUN MY SWG SINCE I added 18 ounces of sodium bromide to 25,000 gallon pool then added 2 lbs. of shock the same day and 2 lbs of shock the next day. Is that enough to make my pool start producing bromine if I turn my SWG on and start sanitizing. If so, how the **** do I get the sodium bromide out of my pool. I know there about the same, but bromine will not hold up in hot sunny days, and the chlorine will. This is my second salt cell, I dont want to overuse it producing enough chlorine to activate the bromine (or something like that) anyway, I know the salt cell will have to work harder. What can I do to get the bromide ions or sodium bromide out of my pool without draining it. I am not going to put any more sodium bromide in. Will that starve it or am I screwed.
    1) 25,000 gallons
    2) sand filter
    3)in ground

2. Back To Top    #2
    SWSuburban Chicago, IL

Re: added sodium bromide to my salt water generator pool OOPS

Please only post in one location - no duplicate posts.
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner