Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Black and Decker Power Scrubber

1. Back To Top    #1

Black and Decker Power Scrubber

I have this (http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-N...3179089&sr=8-1) on the way to help fight my black algae problem. Not sure if anyone has one but I'll be sure to post how well it works (if at all). I'm just to lazy to scrub by hand plus I can use this thing on my tile floors and the bathroom. I will always choose the power tool over manual labor!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ~25000 gallon free-form in-ground plaster pool located in Tucson in full sun
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system
    Hayward 1 1/2 HP Super Pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Black and Decker Power Scrubber

How did it work?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Black and Decker Power Scrubber

so a quick update... No where in any of the advertising do they say what the cover of the manualbsays which is do not submerge more than 3 ft below water. Well of course ignored that rec and it seemed to work okay. Like all the normal review the head doesn't lock worth a **** so that gets a little frustrating and the bristles are a little too soft to handle stubborn calcium deposits. I am thinking of retrofitting a wire brush for an angle grinder. It does work great in the bathroom and on my tile floors so it wasn't a waste
    ~25000 gallon free-form in-ground plaster pool located in Tucson in full sun
    TFT-100 Test Kit
    Hayward DE4820 filter
    Caretaker system
    Hayward 1 1/2 HP Super Pump