paramount valve and sand filter

May 2, 2010
Central Indiana
Hi! I am a newbie and have greatly enjoyed the sight. I have an IG vinyl lined pool with a 24" diameter sand filter (36" tall) which came with the house I bought last summer. The filter has no labels on it. Could anyone tell me how many pounds of sand should be in the filter? We recently replaced sand, and I am not entirely sure if we added the correct amount. The cause for my concern is that we consistently run 23-28 psig and I have been told that my pressure should be closer to 15 psig.

On a secondary note, I noticed that with my paramount gear installed (newly purchased last august), the pump will occasionally struggle with flow. This occurs when different sets of jets are flowing, so it is not related to any single supply to the pool. It is a 6-port valve. 2 on the floor and 2 sets of wall jets. I know the center is the feeder to the valve and the jets account for 4, but what do the other two pipes do? Thank you in advance!

Bama Rambler said:
Looks like a Pentair, either Tagelus or Sand Dollar. Can you take a pic of the top of the multiport valve? Maybe we can get a hint from that.
Here it is. There is no sticker on the tank. The multiport valve has no name brand on it, but the model number is 272526. Thanks.

Attachments

• multi.JPG
    multi.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 75
If you are experiencing sharp rises in pressure when the system changes zones, Paramount makes a gear box that has a bypass pressure relief built in. In most cases, this short sharp rise isn't a problem but on some others, it is, be it short term leaks or tripping SVRS systems.

Scott

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.