Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: losing water

1. Back To Top    #1

losing water

Looks like I have a leak in liner how do you find it? Pool is still winterized but full do I need to start the pool first or check before I open it?
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: losing water

If water leaked out over the winter you should take careful note of the water level. There has almost always been enough time for all of the water that is going to leak out to have already leaked out, so the leak is usually right at the height of the final water level.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: losing water

Dont think thats it Just filled pol last night 12 hours ago and already lost 3 inches so I think there must be a ho;e in liner
    Vinyl pool 37,000 gallons 2hp hayward , sand filter, true L 18-41-16-28 - 9 foot deep end .. Solar panels with goldline automation ..3/4 hp polaris 380 ..BBB method