new liner put in and pool refilled, numbers are looking sad.

astrid

Oct 4, 2008
Georgia
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
just refilled my pool after liner replacement, here are my numbers:
FC....0
CC....0
TC....0 WHAT A SURPRISE...
pH....7.8
T/A...110
CYA...0

now my question, with what do I start? I thought with the CYA...but I am not so sure. If anyone can give me a hint, I really would appreciate it. Don't want to waste money on chemicals by doing it in the wrong order and chemistry just wasn't my strongest subject in school...Thanks in advance, looking forward for some answers from the "pro's"

CYA is a great place to start. You want to raise CYA to between 40 and 50. I would also lower the PH to around 7.2, but there isn't any rush on that. Add 2 ppm of chlorine after dark tonight and then, if you add the CYA today, start aiming for a FC level of 4 to 8 tomorrow evening.

Hum, frustratedpoolmom beat me to it.

Thanks for the quick replies....and the confusion, CYA or ph???? Or doesn't it really matter? I feel sooo pool un-educated, it's just confusing to me, please let the ole' alien know.

Thanks so much, will get started right now, but I am pretty sure, that I will be back soon with more questions.

and here I am again, put CYA in a sock in the skimmer, now my question: Does the filter have to run on cleaning or is it enough to set it on cycling, just to stir the water up???

:?

...and back again! Added stabilizer and since it took 5 days to refill the pool, I shocked too. Here are my numbers:
FC...........8
CC...........0
TC...........8
pH.........7.2
TA.........110
CYA.........40
Temp.......74

I think the numbers are acceptable....guess the FC will go down, since I shocked yesterday.
Thanks for all of your advice and help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Borax it is....my happy behind will get in da pool tomorrow, Temp was 78F today......I guess slowly I am getting there, thanks to all of your poolish wisdom (insert big smile...).
You guys rock!!!! :whoot: :party: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.