Autopilot DIG-220 Low amps warning

May 4, 2010
I have been having issues with my pool pilot. first I would get a check/clean cell but yet the cell is new, then I get the low amps - cell warning. I ran the TEST POOL PILOT and the cell = 11 V 2.8 amps. I've zeroed the amp hours, salt levels are above 3000 ppm. Anyone know what the problem could possibly be? The banana connectors are fine and no corrossion on any of the plugs.

thanks,
duane

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like you have already checked the obvious things: cell clean, cable properly connected at both ends and not damaged, and salt level. Also make sure that which model cell you have connected is properly configured.

Poolsean said:
When was it installed? What voltage do you have the Pool Pilot wired to? Is it connected to the same relay that your pump is?

Poolsean
It was installed about 3 years ago, it is connected to the 220 V the same as the pump. It was working fine until recently generating chlorine then started giving the warning the check/clean cell even after I just cleaned the cell, then it would start giving the low amps warning. In looking at some other posts it is leading me to believe that a capacitor is fried or something else with the circuit board.

Duane, contact customer service with your serial number and date of installation to see if you may have some proration warranty remaining. As it is around 3 years old, it's not likely a 110 voltage to a 220 volt wired box. it may be a circuit breaker issue or a power module issue. So, check your circuit breaker too, just to ensure you do not have a bad breaker.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.