Filter Issues

pooladdict

TFP Guide
In The Industry
May 14, 2007
New Brunswick Canada
Hello Everyone:

Long story short, my Hayward Pro Sand Filter has always been a PITA.
I am constantly finding sand on the pool floor and yep, have resettled sand, rechecked laterals and there are no issues there.

I am thinking on changing over to a Cartridge Filter.

Opinions? Ideas? Comments?

HELP!

Love mine, I clean the filters every six months and I always have clear water. I have a spare set of filters, so I make the swap and filter pump is down for only a short time and I don't have to rush to clean cartridge filters. Can't get any easier! My two cents!!!!

I totally agree with salp. But you'll get different opinions from everyone. I love mine. I have a slightly oversized cart filter with a spare set. I change them maybe twice a year. No water loss nor alter in chemistry with them either. I don't know how much water loss with backwashing a sand filter but there is very little with draining the filter and swapping out cartridges. I've never owned a sand filter so my opinion is rather bias :-D
I do suggest you get the filter a bit larger than you think you need if you decide to make the change.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.