Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter Issues

1. Back To Top    #1
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

New Brunswick Canada

Filter Issues

Hello Everyone:

Long story short, my Hayward Pro Sand Filter has always been a PITA.
    I am constantly finding sand on the pool floor and yep, have resettled sand, rechecked laterals and there are no issues there.

I am thinking on changing over to a Cartridge Filter.

Opinions? Ideas? Comments?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter Issues

Love mine, I clean the filters every six months and I always have clear water. I have a spare set of filters, so I make the swap and filter pump is down for only a short time and I don't have to rush to clean cartridge filters. Can't get any easier! My two cents!!!!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Northern Middle Tn.

Re: Filter Issues

I totally agree with salp. But you'll get different opinions from everyone. I love mine. I have a slightly oversized cart filter with a spare set. I change them maybe twice a year. No water loss nor alter in chemistry with them either. I don't know how much water loss with backwashing a sand filter but there is very little with draining the filter and swapping out cartridges. I've never owned a sand filter so my opinion is rather bias
    I do suggest you get the filter a bit larger than you think you need if you decide to make the change.

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html