Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: MSMA manufacturing permit pulled by EPA

1. Back To Top    #1

Flower Mound, TX

MSMA manufacturing permit pulled by EPA

I know this is sort of random, but my war against crabgrass is going to get a lot tougher I guess.

So last year, I used up the last of my MSMA concentrate. No big deal I thought. Well, I was wrong. As it turns out, the EPA has decided to not renew the manufacturing permit for MSMA manufacturers as of this year. I was able to locate a quart of it from a little garden center (it was all they had) and so therefore, I have enough to make it through until something better comes out I suppose.

So for those of you who appreciate the magic of MSMA for crabgrass, dallis grass, and the like, you might start looking and now and get some while you can. It will all be gone before you know it.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

2. Back To Top    #2

Jasper, TN

Re: MSMA manufacturing permit pulled by EPA

I've read Drive 75 DF works even better and doesn't contain MSMA
    24' x 52" AGP = 13.5k gallons
    Dynamo 2.0 HP pump,Sand Dollar sand filter
    Polaris 65 vacuum (good when there are a ton of leaves on bottom), Pool Rover Jr. (LOVE it, but power box dead right now), AquaCritter (an excellent suction side cleaner)

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: MSMA manufacturing permit pulled by EPA is another forum I frequent and I'm sure folks on there can give you some substitute advice as well
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator