Pool cover pump - hose misaligned - help!

May 22, 2009
I need help! I guess I'm a wimp. I hooked up our new pool cover pump this morning and I guess I got the threading misaligned on the hose and the adapter. Now it's STUCK and I can not get it apart. It's "working" still but it's spraying some water out where it's not aligned right. So it's not working efficiently.

I've tried WD40 and using needle nose pliers to hold one end and twisting with the other. But they will not budge.

Is there anything else I can try? Or is just a matter of strength. I thought maybe getting the two ends cold might help shrink them and then they'd twist apart easier? One's plastic and one's metal.

There's a pool pump repair place down the road so I guess I'll take it there and see if they can help me get it apart if I can't figure out what else do to. Hopefully they won't charge me for something stupid like that.

Once you crossthread a fitting they can be hard to get apart. A couple pair of channellocks might work for you. Heating them a bit might also work but be careful not to heat them too much. I use a hair dryer for something like this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.