Filter....

cherylandco

LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2009
The pressure gauge does not work on our sand filter anymore (Hayward SwimPro). Does that matter? Can I just replace the gauge, or do I have to replace the whole top - or the whole filter?

Ok!! I'll replace it - do I need to call hayward to find the correct model to replace it with, or are they pretty universal and I can just buy one somewhere?

Also - the sand in my filter has never been replaced. Does it need to be? This is the 6th swimming season maybe??

You don't need to call Hayward. They're pretty universal. If you want one with the fancy backwash ring that you use to tell when it's time to backwash, go to your local pool store and they'll have them. If you don't care about that, your local big box home improvement store will probably have them. Just get one with the same range and connection as the one you remove.

If you're not having problems with the sand filter I wouldn't worry about replacing it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.