I'm sure you guys are sick and tired of questions on this test. It seems like it should be such a simple test, but I am doing something wrong because over the last week and a half since I got the TF100 test kit my stabilizer readings are 50 80 45 and 70, with several other tests that somehow didn't get recorded but were bouncing all over just like these. We often wind up testing chemicals at night, so I don't know if the lack of natural indirect light could cause such variations. I've seen mention of cheap natural light simulators, but the limited searching I did turned up a few contraptions that were on the pretty expensive side. Here is our procedure and hopefully someone can help me figure out what we are doing wrong.
1. Fill test bottle to the bottom of the label, and place in front of a space heater while we test the other chemicals (pool water is about 55 degrees right now)
2. Fill test bottle to the top of the label with R-0013.
3. Shake for about 30 seconds
4. Let sit for 2-3 minutes
5. Shake again for a few more seconds
6. Pour it in to the tube slowly with a white piece of paper under it, holding it at about waist high until black dot is completely gone.
When we do the test outside in indirect daylight we tend to get a lot of glare that makes it hard to tell if the dot is there. As I said earlier we have done the test inside and out, but I don't know if the lighting could cause such big deviations. It's possible that the numbers could coincide with inside tests and outside tests, but I can't remember. Hopefully it's something as simple as that!