Just a general question. No specifics at this time. Just thinking ahead.
I am a new pool owner and I am wondering at what point in the shock process is it safe to swim in the water? My understanding is that if you are actively shocking and the FC is being used up, that means that the chlorine is being used by the algae. So you shouldn't swim in a pool that has algae. Correct?
When you are done shocking- the overnight FC not dropping more than 1.0 ppm- when can you swim in it? If your FC is say 12, is that o.k.? Or whatever the number may be? Thanks.