Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Goldline Aqua Plus "No Cell Power"

Goldline Aqua Plus "No Cell Power"

Can someone point me in the right direction to find info on troubleshooting this. The manuals and Goldline/Hayward websites don't give any detail as to what the cause or solution to this error could be. Thanks in advance!!

Re: Goldline Aqua Plus "No Cell Power"

Try checking all of the fuses on the main circuit board. You might also remove the main circuit board and check for bad solder joints.
    7,500 gal, IG pool, L shape 22' x 15', 1.5 hp pump, cartridge filter, AquaPlus SWG/Controller, Pebble-Tec liner.

The first place to check is the cable between the power supply/controller and the cell. Make sure both ends are securely connected and that the cable isn't cut or deeply nicked.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    TFP Admin. Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

If, after checking what Jason suggests, you still have a No Cell Power error, see this:

http://www.nocellpower.com/

You're not the 1st, as you can see.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

Thanks for the great suggestions and taking the time to respond. I tried looking through the discussion threads but I guess I didn't dig deep enough. I'll update when I get a solution.

Welcome to TFP!!

If it weren't for the 'your post' option - my ability to search would be greatly diminished

If you still have problems - maybe a computer moron, like myself, will be able to help you
    Luv& Luk
    -Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill a couple of libraries :-D

POOL SCHOOL, TF Testkits, Jason's Pool Calculator, CYA vs. cl chart, (Just a few DARNED handy links!)

No success. Well I did see what appeared to be a burned solder joint; applied some solder to it but still getting "no cell power" indication (following insturctions on nocellpower.com). I saw where someone said there may be another repair for this (other than replacing the entire board). Any other suggestions? Should I have tried to clean of the old solder before applying additional? Thanks for the input.

Just stumbled across this thread - funny that I had the same problem on our old pool but didn't know about the forum at that time - I noticed that if I pushed on the relay it would click and all was well - pulled out the board and saw the burned up solder joint on the backside.

I too was unable to solder the joint back to the board and get good contact, just too much damage, howoever if you look at the layout of the board you will see that "post" is connected to a couple other posts via the trace on the board. I soldered a jumper wire from the affected post to the larger post above it effectively bypassing the trace on the board. I wish I had taken pictures, but if you look at the board you will see a large power wire feeding into the larger post, that is the one you want to tap into and jumper from it to the burned up one.

I attached the photo from the website mentioned above with where I placed the jumper wire from my best recollection. If you have a multimeter you should have continuity between those two points in the picture. If you do have continuity and still have problems then it is somewhere else - possibly the relay itself. Ours worked for the next couple years until we moved.

[attachment=0:3qfo8mea]solder.jpg[/attachment:3qfo8mea]

Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve
    Deep in the Heart......errrr HEAT of Texas
    20k gallon gunite formal

Thanks Steve, This is priceless! I owe you a beer! I just completed this repair.
    25x25x16 L shaped concrete, 4' to 6', 21,000 gal, PLP4 - Pro Logic System Control & Aqua Logic Salt Chlorine Cell, Hayward TriStar 1 HP, 24" Sand Filter, SunHeater Solar Heating System, ColorLogic Light, Jandy deck jets.

Quote Originally Posted by mirage
    Thanks Steve, This is priceless! I owe you a beer! I just completed this repair.
    Cool!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.087666,-96.648766
    Steve
    20k gallon gunite formal

Is this particular (Goldline Aqua Plus) system something to stay away from?
    18x36 IG Vinyl. ~29k Gallons.
    Pentair CCP420 Cartridge Filter
    Pentair Inteli-flow VS Pump
    Hayward Goldline SWG
    Tigershark QC Robot

I don't think it's a reason to avoid - just a repairable bug - we had ours for about 6 years, replaced 1 cell at about 3 years, then replaced whole system with the full automation version and it was running fine for another 2-3 years.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?edgd2o
    Steve
    20k gallon gunite formal