New pool plaster, stains

goyom

Mar 30, 2010
We had our plaster installed this weekend, and were instructed to add acid and brush the pool 3 times a day.

Official pool start up is Tuesday. The question I have is with stains.

Over night a leaf feel in the pool and sank to the bottom of the deep end. It left a very noticeable brown stain on the bottom of the pool, brushing it does not remove it. Is this normal? Will the stain come out when we chlorinate on Tuesday?

Any tips appreciated

Also, 3 posts down I added a picture of some stains near tile, would appreciate feedback on that as well, we are new to plaster pools!

Re: New pool plaster, stain

Thanks much, that is a relief. I wonder if its normal to wait 3 days for a pool startup?

Its the quickest the startup person could schedule us.

Also, we have another strange thing. We have brown tile and where the tile meets the plaster there is brown weeping that has seeped down on the plaster in some places. Does anyone know how this is removed? Brushing did not help, picture attached.

Thanks so much for any input. :?:

Attachments

• IMG_6614 (Large).jpg
    IMG_6614 (Large).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 79
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.