Pebble Tec

Jul 20, 2008
Queen Creek, AZ
Not sure where else to put this question. I have a pebbletec pool that that is pretty much covered by the pool deck above. There are parts, next to the waterfall where pebbletec is exposed to the AZ sun :(. I've heard rumors that its bad exposing pebbletec to the sun and may crack in 10 years. Is this true ? should I continue the deck to cover the exposed pebbletec ? area circled in red in put pic

pool2.jpg

If you didn't put a tile line at the water level, the fish that is exposed to air may crack, discolor or delaminate. PT, as well as most any other cementacious plaster types need to be submerged. The 6" tile line at the water level does this.

Scott

Nice pool!
All the companies we interviewed for our build said they won't build a pool without tiles at the waterline. Due to the hardwater issues we have here. I'll ask the decking guys what they think about your situation when they show up to do our decking.
Who was your builder?

I would leave it alone until you actually have problems. It should last several years as it is and you should get plenty of warning (small cracks) before anything goes seriously wrong. Fixing it later isn't going to be any more work than fixing it now.

I talked to my decking guy today. He didnt seem to concerned about the pebble being exposed. He said he's poured for other builders that sell the "rolled beam" but hasnt heard of anyy issues.
On a side note if you are losing sleep over the issue (like I would) you could install some type of clean ground cover over the areas that are exposed. Lantana or something like that might be an alternative.

Shane1 said:
I talked to my decking guy today. He didnt seem to concerned about the pebble being exposed. He said he's poured for other builders that sell the "rolled beam" but hasnt heard of anyy issues.
On a side note if you are losing sleep over the issue (like I would) you could install some type of clean ground cover over the areas that are exposed. Lantana or something like that might be an alternative.

Hey thanks for the help. We had Riviera pools which went under the year the pool was finished. I hope your installer is right.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.