Polaris booster pump fitting return is stuck

Apr 10, 2010
So the return that the pool uses for the polaris has the Universal Wall Fitting (UWF) in place but I can not unscrew it to get it out of the hole. The piece i used was from the bucket of supplies that came with the new home purchase that the last owner left. Obviously this universal wall fitting was a old and worn because when I did try manually unscrew it by turning it to the left part of the plastic cracked off on 2 spots.
So now when I hook up the polaris it will move around and work the pool. there is water pusing out on these 2 spots that is degrading the pressure to the polaris. So my question is does anyone have a idea of how to get this broken fitting out of the pool wall. The pool has a vinyl liner. Thanks in advance....

I broke mine once for much the same reason.... managed to find channel-lock pliers big enough to fit around it. That got out the broken bit (and tore up the piece it went into... luckily not the part embedded in the wall!). Put in a new UWF and the Polaris is all happy now.
--paulr

Hi Shiney69rr,

Can you let me know where you found/bought this "universal wall fitting inverse piece" from?

I also need to unscrew that UWF so that I can put a different connector in its place.

Thank you.

105ex said:
Hi Shiney69rr,

Can you let me know where you found/bought this "universal wall fitting inverse piece" from?

I also need to unscrew that UWF so that I can put a different connector in its place.

Thank you.
I ended up using a wire stripper that has a flat but wide enough head (like http://www.wanderingfree.com/wp-content ... pliers.jpg) when you separate the handle. The head then latches on to the grooves in the UWF and I could actually turn it loose.

I checked with the pool people and I got my Universal valve out was with a hack saw blade. I gently cut two small areas and then used a small flat head screw driver and a hammer to tap it out. It popped right out!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.