Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: EskimoPie's Build

1. Back To Top    #1

EskimoPie's Build

Here is a picture of our current progress in our pool build. We just completed the gunite phase. We're in southern arizona and it's our first pool so we're pretty excited. You can see the specifics of the pool in my signature. Hopefully we'll be swimming within 2-3 weeks!

My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

2. Back To Top    #2

Here's another picture:

My Pool:
    12K gal IG gunite with 7' raised spa, gunite waterfall, PebbleTec Caribbean Blue finish, solar heating & in-floor cleaning system

Equipment: Sta-Rite 300' Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC20 SWCG, Sta-Rite 400k BTU heater, Intelliflow 4x160 main pump & Sta-Rite 3/4 hp waterfall pump, EasyTouch controlls w/ wireless controller, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3

Very nice looking, i love the attached spas.
    18' Round ABG (8000 gallon)
    Hayward X-Stream Cartridge Filter
    1.5hp Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump
    80 sq. ft. solar panels
    Goldline automated solar controller

4. Back To Top    #4

Nice indeed!
    18,000 gallon gunite free form, with spa, 4x160, EasyTouch, SWCG, Pentair cartr filter, Colorlogic lights.

5. Back To Top    #5
    looking good!
    Welcome to TFP!

8200 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, manually chlorinated with 10% liquid, salt added to ~2000, 12" sand filter, 1600gph pump, TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, Chlorine/CYA Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6
    I love watching all these beautiful pools progress.

Thanks for sharing and welcome!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

7. Back To Top    #7

It's going to be beautiful.

Welcome to the group. It's nice to see yet another Arizonan on board.
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Looks great...keep the pics coming
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

9. Back To Top    #9
    Welcome! The pool looks great, like the open space behind your pool too. What solar did you go with? I just had my panels and plumbing completed by Performance Solar Company here in AZ, they will complete the connection once the water is in the pool.
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

10. Back To Top    #10

My pool builder is Patio Pools and they don't use any contractors (they claim). All of their work is performed by their employees. I do believe they are Helicoil (sp?) panels however. I'm getting 7 panels.
    My Pool:

11. Back To Top    #11
    Very Nice! Looks like you're gonna have a lot of action in your pool with all of those returns. Hope you come in on schedule or before. I'll let you have the extra weeks my pool was delayed, that way..............well you would already be finished, nevermind.

Anyway, welcome to TFP!
    Dave
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

12. Back To Top    #12

The trenches have been back filled and the tile work was done today.

The wife thinks the tile is much darker than she remembers but I think it'll look really nice once it's filled with Caribbean blue PT and water.

My Pool:

13. Back To Top    #13

Here is a closeup of the tile. The backside of the spa is going to be Stucco matching the back wall.

My Pool:

14. Back To Top    #14
    Nice looking tile! It's always good to get some work done!
    11,000 gal. gunite w/midnight blue and white pearl PebbleTec
    Intelliflo 4x160 pump
    Intellichlor IC-20 SWG
    Pentair cartridge filter 420 sq. ft.
    Mastertemp 400K BTU heater
    Legend Platinum cleaner
    Pool School
    JasonLion's Pool Calculator
    TF Test Kits

15. Back To Top    #15
    I love the tile! I can't wait to see it finished!
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

16. Back To Top    #16
    I like the tile color you selected. What are your plans around the pool once it is completed?
    1980's Shasta built 30,000 gal inground diving pool. Pebble-tec interior. Pentair DE Filter. In ground pop-ups. Hayward Navigator sweeper.

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by From_Arizona
    I like the tile color you selected. What are your plans around the pool once it is completed?
    We're currently getting quotes from landscapers... we're going to do some raised planter areas (probably built up w/ slump blocks), a grass area beside the pool (currently torn between fake or real grass), some concrete decking and a built-in barbeque/bar. I'll try to take some better pictures of the entire yard.

In the mean time, here is the pool with the concrete decking poured (still in the forms). The gap between the two sections of concrete is where the wraught iron fence will go (and then up near the right side of the pool).

My Pool:

18. Back To Top    #18
    We did real grass next to our last pool, loved the look despised the grass clippings in the water and the green stains that got on the acylic decking. We are going to install artificial next to our pool this time around, we also have the real stuff away from the pool. Our last pool with the grassy areas on either side of pool - separated by two foot strip of decking - this was too close IMHO.

edited to add - I like the freeform decking!

19. Back To Top    #19

Sorry for the lack of updates, but we're FINISHED now!!! Pictures are in THIS thread.

Thanks!
    My Pool: