which pool cleaner?

May 1, 2010
Im not sure what type of cleaner to get. I have a 15 x 25 oval pool, doughboy sand filter. I have about 500 to spend. I want to get a robot, but the 2 in my pricerange(i think) are the pool rover jr. and roboclean. I havent heard the greatest reviews for the roboclean. Then, im not sure if i should get a robotic, or just get a suction side cleaner. I also have wedding cake type steps that go into the pool, so i dont want the vacuum to get hung up on them. What do you guys think?

Welcome to TFP!

I don't have an AGP but lots of people here do and they will be along shortly to give you some advice on your question.

I have a suction side cleaner and wedding cake steps. While most of the time the cleaner does great getting around them, he develops a sweet tooth every once in a while and sticks by the steps, then I have to go smack him away from them and he'll go on about his business. I have no experience with different kinds of cleaners but others will give you their opinions of those.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.