New AG Pool Going in Next week, Deliberating on Baqua/Chlori

Apr 30, 2010
NW Wisconsin
I'm getting a new AG Pool put in next week or so, I've done alot of homework and think I'm ready for it. I have a 450 gall Hot tub now that I switched to Baquaspa about a year or so ago from bromine... and don't mind it in the hot tub, no issues yet. :?
so of course my pool store in town is suggesting I stay with a Baqua product for the new pool since there will be some interaction between the tub and pool and he said it may throw off my chemicals in one or both? is this true? suggestions? comments.
From reading everything, I know I'll probably be swayed to go Chlorine in the pool but then do I have go back to Chlorine or Bromine in the Hot tub?
I appreciate your suggestions, advice..
anxiously awaiting
Attached is a mock up for what my new pool set up will look like , will be adding onto the back of the deck to have a raised deck around the pool edge.(ignore the railing on pool side)

Attachments

• deck1.jpg
    deck1.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 128
  • Deck7.jpg
    Deck7.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 128
Personally, I'd ask exactly what interaction there will be between the pool and the spa. They're on separate plumbing, right? The spa's a couple inches or more above ground level?

For there to be interaction, I would expect:
A) water from backwashing a sand filter is going to go along the ground and be high enough to flood your spa (no more likely than heavy rainstorms doing so, I would expect)
B) Your pool is going to overflow on the raised deck side, and tens of gallons or more is going to make it along the planks of the deck, down the stairs, along the planks of the deck, and into the spa without managing to fall to the ground
C) Swimmers are going to carry tens of gallons from the pool to the spa in their clothing, or hundreds of gallons from the spa to the pool.
D) Just like B, but flowing up the stairs from the spa to the pools with hundreds of gallons making it into the pool
E) something else

P.S. Tens of gallons and hundreds of gallons is an unscientific off the cuff guess of what it might take to produce a difference in your hundreds of gallons of spa water that you can measure with your test kits.

I think they were just referring to users going from pool to spa or vice versa.. I personally didn't think this small amount of wet suites would cause a problem with either chemical, since the pool will have aroudn 12,000 gallons I think and the spa is 450 gallons..

I"m sure they are just swaying me to one product... I'm going to one of their pool trainings this thursday night and will see what they say , although after reading all the negative posts about baquacil ... I think my mind is made up?

John

Baquacil is still a fairly tightly controlled distribution. This tends to raise costs because there are fewer available suppliers.

Baqucil tends to cake up DE and sand filter and clog cartridge filters faster than a chlorine pool will. This is another cost burden.

Baquacil uses highly concentrated Hydrogen Peroxide for shock. You must wear gloves when adding it or it will burn.

After a few years, problems like red algae pop up.

Scott

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.