Polaris getting stuck behind ladder

stev32k

LifeTime Supporter
Mar 29, 2009
Mobile, Alabama
My 280 cleaner gets stuck behind the ladder in the deep end and I have to push it out with a broom handle. It happens so frequently that I can't leave the cleaner unattended for more than a few minutes. In checking around I see Polaris sells a kit that attaches to the ladder to prevent this from happening and I wonder if anyone has one installed and if so does it work.

I tried attaching some 3/4" PVC pipe to the sides of the ladder using cable ties and it worked for awhile, but looked pretty bad. The pipe kept coming out of the cable ties and I finally just took the whole mess down. Has anyone that had the problem found a cure besides the Polaris kit?

the Polaris G21 ladder guard kit is the right answer, however, it does make the ladder look like it has wings on it! lol
You may want to try this, it may NOT work as it has only worked for me a few times:
The little jet that is located in the back of the unit; should be set at 11:00 as you look at it.
This setting allows the polaris to climb quite well.
Try setting the jet to 3:00 instead, it will still climb the
walls, however, at a different angle.

Like I said, It may work for you, it may not - worth a try before installing the G21.

polaris mechanic said:
the Polaris G21 ladder guard kit is the right answer, however, it does make the ladder look like it has wings on it! lol
You may want to try this, it may NOT work as it has only worked for me a few times:
The little jet that is located in the back of the unit; should be set at 11:00 as you look at it.

Like I said, It may work for you, it may not - worth a try before installing the G21.

definitely try this.... it may work! though the 11 position is the standard it isn't stuck in that position. try different set ups until you find a setting that works for your pool!

polaris mechanic said:

It may be that my Monday morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet, but I'm not understanding what the 11:00 or 3:00 settings correlate to. Is straight back (which is what I've read I should set it at) 3:00?

Sorry for being dense this morning. :?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello everyone. My name is Mark. My girlfriend and I also had the problem with the Polaris hanging up behind the ladder. She had the Polaris guards on her ladder but it was still hanging up, and they also get brittle after a while. So after thinking about it I more or less invented a guard that works so well that she and I are seriously thinking of getting a patent on it. I wonder if there would be enough of a market for it to make it worthwhile. I`d appreciate any comments. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.