New to posting but not new to forum

Apr 28, 2009
Central Georgia
I have actually been a registered used for over a year but only made my first post yeasterday! I have been reading and reading and have been able to go from knowing absolutely NOTHING about pools to being the main caretaker of our pool, DH knew way more than me before I found this forum, now he is only the muscle, he dumps the salt and vacs when necessary! But even he had a trial by fire! Our pool had been neglected and mistreated before we bought the house. We not only fished out lots of little slimy things, tons and tons of algae but things that you would never expect to be in the pool, we found, among other things, a metal base to a patio table, and a cement block! We were fighting a losing battle following the pool stores recomendations on how to kill the algae! I do believe the walmart associates thought I was making a bomb when I started buying carts and carts full, and I was an algae bomb! LOL and it worked!!!! I am still learning and reading and hope to be able to possibly help too! Thanks to everyone here for providing such great information!

Good morning! We're glad you've posted. It is apparent from your very first posts that you know the ideas we teach here and we hope you'll help newbies as they come along.

We already have an FPM (frustratedpoolmom) so you may end up being GPM for brevity's sake.....please don't think we're referring to you as "gallons per minute". :shock: :shock: