contracting PB in Fulshear, TX

Apr 28, 2010
I'm amazed at the info on this site and appreciate all the postings. This is my first post as I contemplate installing a gunite pool at a home in Fulshear TX outside Houston. Probably asking some basic "stupid" questions but figure it's easier to take the bashing and learn than learn after the fact (20x20 hind sight).
:hammer:
I've contacted a PB and shown him the yard and provided him a survey to get drawings, quote, etc...how many PB's should I get quotes from and should I share drawings/quote etc..from first PB? Any comments are appreciated as I do have 45 days or so to make some decisions, but family is pushing for pool to be in and ready for swim by Aug. 1st as we are moving from an area where the climate is not as sticky hot as SW TX.
:party:
Look forward to your comments and any suggestions you may have for quality PB's is the Fulshear area who are honest and back their work.

Welcome to TFP...I am a new owner myself in the Houston area (Katy)...we contacted 4 PB's and finally decided to go with QUEST POOLS. No traumas, no problems and post-sale service is top of the line...then again, every dig is different..Good luck

Sharing another PB's work, unless those services were paid for, is wrong. Make the others do their work independently or pay a designer for a plan so everyone is on the same page. That evens the playing field.

Meet at least three. Don't always go by price. Visit jobs, active and past. Speak to the homeowners, alone if possible. Check the various government and business boards like the BBB. Check their business references too like suppliers, subs, etc...

Get to know the township engineer before you go to contract. Ask about the prevailing soil conditions he's seen in your neighborhood. He may say it's great or he may suggest a soils engineer check to ensure the ground conditions can support a pool or if any special engineering will be needed to succeed. Forewarned is forearmed.

Show the contract to an attorney before you sign.

I think I saw you post on GW too.

Scott

Thanks for the advice...I agree with not sharing other PB's designs but want to be able to compare apples to apples. I guess after I decide on exactly what I want it will be easier to get that kind of comparison. Will continue to solict input. Anyone have a particular PB they would recommend to start the process?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.