Cheap test for Metal ?

I'm looking at the Taylor website and I don't see anything that I would classify as cheap, per se. Most are the single analyte tests anyway. The K-1264 is probably the best for pool water metal analysis since it tests for both iron and copper, our usual suspects, but it is $91.60. That's quite spendy for something that you will likely use once.

When I asked Leslies to test for metals once, they hauled out strips. Another time I found a package at Home Depot that had strips for iron, copper, and a few others, for very cheap. I think to check whether you have metals at all, that might be enough.
--paulr

PaulR said:
When I asked Leslies to test for metals once, they hauled out strips. Another time I found a package at Home Depot that had strips for iron, copper, and a few others, for very cheap. I think to check whether you have metals at all, that might be enough.
--paulr

That could be a cheaper option. I guess that all you really need to know is whether you have metals or not and this could fit the bill. I also wonder if maybe aquarium supply places might have something as well. I even bought an ammonia test kit from a pet store once for fairly cheap.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.