Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward Ultra Problems

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward Ultra Problems

I have a Hayward Ultra that is about 3 years old.

The thing won't hardly move, and when it does it either gets stuck on the stairs or hits the waterline and hovers. This is crazy but I am sure it is something simple.

My other problem is that I pulled it out of the pool and when I set it down, one of the flaps went under the unit, and snapped off the hooks that hold the flap in place. I know I have to replace the broken part - where is a good place to buy parts for the Ultra?
    19,000 gallon, irregular kidney shaped, plaster pool surrounded by (8) cypress, (1) oleander, (3) palm trees, (2) unknown shrubbery
    Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, with fresh #20 silica sand, and WhisperFlow 3/4 hp. full rated pump
    Innovative Pools controls with digital timers and remote light switch
    Hayward pool sweep with new gearbox A-Frame & turbine, and pods

TFP's resident Pool Fool :)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward Ultra Problems

So Leslie's wants $140 to replace the A frame & turbine kit and the pod kit. I can order the parts online through A1 for $82. I can ebay the parts for $74.

I would like to support a forum member with my purchase if at all possible. If someone here would like to take my hard earned money give me a PM; but it needs to be by first thing tomorrow morning so I have time for the parts to ship before the weekend.
    19,000 gallon, irregular kidney shaped, plaster pool surrounded by (8) cypress, (1) oleander, (3) palm trees, (2) unknown shrubbery
    Pentair Tagelus 100D sand filter, with fresh #20 silica sand, and WhisperFlow 3/4 hp. full rated pump
    Innovative Pools controls with digital timers and remote light switch
    Hayward pool sweep with new gearbox A-Frame & turbine, and pods

TFP's resident Pool Fool :)