?Replacement cartridge Filter brand reviews?

May 23, 2009
USA
I'm looking into getting a 2nd set of cartridge filters as others have recommended here at TFP.

I've got a Pentair CCP320, which requires (4) #17-8580 cartridges. When I google the part# I get several different filters at a wide range of prices.

Is one brand better than another? Where do you recommend I buy them?

Thanks in advance!

rugadog said:
I can't believe no one has an opinion about the replacement cartridge filters they bought...... :?

If you're looking for opinions, you'll find them here. :-D

I have the same filter and the Pleatco replacements that I purchased last year for it have been great so far.

There are only two or three companies that actually make the cartridges that are used by all of the different filters. They all seem to be about the same as long as you make sure to get one that is the correct size for your filter. Intex is the only exception that I know of. Intex filters are only good for a single use, while some of the third party replacements can be used over and over.

I don't know the name of my filter,but I had one last year that I hated. On the inside of the filter it has rings...and you had to make sure the rod fit through the rings..(hope that makes sense). anyway it would make a loud moaning sound when in use....so just look for one that doesn't have these rings inside. I get mine at Rec Warehouse ..you can usually get them buy 1 get one half price if you ask for it. When I used Baquagoo I used 2 a summer...I am on my 2nd summer with the same filter since my conversion.So I am also saving money on filters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.