1st post. Pentair Pool heater Trouble shooting

Apr 25, 2010
hello all

ive spend the last 5 hours researching this heater and trying to find if there were any known issues like the one im having. i just had a brand new 24ft round pool installed, and the place i bought it from asked if iwas interested in purchasing a pentair minimax 100 use to go along with it. i said yes. well when they came out to install everything, they were just installing the water lines inlet and outlet to the heater from the pump and to the pool. they werent resposnsible for getting it firing just the pool flowing. so i hooked up the gas valve from the old existing heater. and was hoping it would just fire, well i got the pilot to light but cannot get the tubes to ignite, this is the milivolt version of the minimax100. im looking for any pointers here...maybe wires to jump to manualy open the gas valve? and bypass switches? the pilot WILL stay lit and does not out but when i switch it on, i get nothing. i have about 16psi at the top of the hayward sand filter.

What do you have the thremostat temp set on? Sounds like it's just not calling for heat.

The only thing that stood out in the manual was that if when lighting the pilot the knob should "pop" out when you let go of it. I remember from dealing with gas water heaters that if that knob doesn't pop back out the main burner won't light.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.