Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: LinkC in Sunny FL

1. Back To Top    #1

LinkC in Sunny FL

Hi. My name is Link. Been a pool owner for about 14 yrs (or has the pool owned ME??)

16000 gal freeform (kidney) with 1 yr old PebbleTec interior and Cooldeck surround. Hayward pump and DE filter. Polaris crwler cleaner. And a failing Uniclor offline chlorine generator. I've struggled to keep that POS running for several years. I'm about to convert to a SW system and looking for advice/consolation.

We live in Fernandina Beach, FL. On the Atlantic coast as far North as you can get and still be in FL. When the wind if right, we can smell GA! (Really. There's a paper mill in St. Marys, GA...just across the sound. And when the wind is from the North,,,well...)

My 5yo granddaughter was very upset to learn that the pool wasn't opened this weekend.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: LinkC in Sunny FL

Welcome to TFP!

While you are looking to get an SWCG online, you can get the pool up and running with BBB. Check it out in the Pool School section.

3. Back To Top    #3

Welcome Link. You've come to the right place. I recommmemdn you begin reading Pool School. After that, post questions as you need to.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Welcome Link We are in North Jacksonville so we are practically neighbors. This is a great forum and there are lots of people both in and out of pool industry always willing to help you.
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome to TFP
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanx to all for the warm welcome. I already have the pump running with "B" to clear things up. Been using Walmart generic bleach for years as shock. Probably do a test tomorrow AM and do some balancing.

Thanx again. (Waving to my neighbor Brent...)

7. Back To Top    #7

LinkC we have a SWG and so far we love it. No more chlorine pucks and shocking with all those chemicals. You will get lots of opinions on SWG and types etc. We have a Goldline SWG and it was recommended by our PB. So far he has not steered us wrong.
    You can post your pool info and equipment in the signature bar
    6,000 gal, IG free form,Beach Series Antigua by Marbletite Pebble finish,Sheer Descent, IG Fountain, Dolphin / Mermaid Statues,Dura- Glas 1.5hp pump,Hayward Pro-grid DE4820, Aqua Rite SWG with T-Cell 15,Heat Siphon Heat Pump DX 5.0 109,000 btu, Pool Cage, 1800sq ft Tremron Estate Pavers,Aquatherm Ecosun Solar Panels 192 sq ft with GL-235 Controller,Pentair IntelliBrite, Apollo Magnetic Stirrer Our New Poolbuild, Jacksonville, FL yr 2009 Solar install Outdoor kitchen upgrade