Jandy - DIY Equipment Question

H

henry89056

Should be a very quick question for someone to answer. I am planning to use Jandy Controls on a DIY pool project for our home. Additional thread/info here http://www.troublefreepool.com/new-pool-if-you-had-to-do-it-over-again-t19695.html.

But even after talking to Jandy support, I'm not 100% if my potential setup is correct. Thinking the following:
  • Purelink Power Center (6614AP or 6614AP-L)[/*:m:1e7xk2su]
  • Aquapure SWG "Replacement Kit" for use with Purelink setup (PLC1400)[/*:m:1e7xk2su]
  • Aqualink Touch Wireless Remote (TCHLNK-RF)[/*:m:1e7xk2su]
  • Aqualink RS8-PS ... ?[/*:m:1e7xk2su]

It's the last one I'm a bit confused on. When trying to buy any of the RS units, they typically come bundled with another "in-wall" touchpad of some kind (e.g. Aqualink RS8 One Touch, or Aqualink RS8 AllButton, etc.). But since I am considering buying the Touch Wireless Remote a-la carte (so to speak) I am wondering if I can just buy the "RS8-PS Upgrade Kit" (R0468501) which only includes the PCB and CPU rather than a kit with control pad?

It's about a $1000 price difference, so I'm trying to figure it out before buying it. Hoping someone knows, or else I'll call Jandy back Monday.

As usual, thanks much.

Scroll down on this page; http://americanbestpoolsupply.com/detail/13531.htm
They sell the RS-PS4, RS-PS6, RS-PS8, etc for use with that sub-panel. This will include the temp. sensors, relays, valve actuators and everything else that you will need. Good choice on that purelink power center. I like that one, wish I had it.

edit: After looking at that site a little closer, I see the PDA-PS8 is actually cheaper than the RS-PS8 by a coule hundred bucks and you get the remote with it. Not a bad deal.

n8scstm said:
Scroll down on this page; http://americanbestpoolsupply.com/detail/13531.htm
They sell the RS-PS4, RS-PS6, RS-PS8, etc for use with that sub-panel. This will include the temp. sensors, relays, valve actuators and everything else that you will need. Good choice on that purelink power center. I like that one, wish I had it.

edit: After looking at that site a little closer, I see the PDA-PS8 is actually cheaper than the RS-PS8 by a coule hundred bucks and you get the remote with it. Not a bad deal.

That was the exact thought I had a few days ago ... only minor problem is: the PDA is incompatible with the other "One Touch" Systems. There are big disclaimers on Jandy's site reg. this.

So if I already have an RS-PS8, what remote would I need to buy?

edit:
Guess I would need the AquaPalm Add-On remote. Looks like it's pretty much the same thing? So does that mean that the PDA is designed to be used by itself, without an additional control panel?

n8scstm said:
So if I already have an RS-PS8, what remote would I need to buy?

edit:
Guess I would need the AquaPalm Add-On remote. Looks like it's pretty much the same thing? So does that mean that the PDA is designed to be used by itself, without an additional control panel?

I believe that is the case. They make another "handheld add-on" device that integrates with the OneTouch systems. I think the "PDA" labeled system, however, can only be used standalone ... unless I'm mis-interpreting Jandy's material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.