Another First Time Opening Question

kenmar

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 13, 2009
Schnecksville, PA
Hi All,

Last year we had our pool installed and we used the BBB method the entire year :goodjob:
Current our pool is scheduled to be opened on 4/30. At that time, A pool service company will be removing the cover an reinstalling the filter and pump.

Today I pulled up a corner of the cover so I could get a look at (and test the water.)

The good news is that I can clearly see to the botom of the deep end. It is hard to tell the color of the water because most of the pool was still covered... bu it looked pretty clear.

Here are my first test results:

TC: 0
CC: 0????
PH: 7.2
CYA: 0???
Water temp: mid to low 50's

My question is: I have a small submersible pump, should I start adjusting these numbers now, or wait until the opening on the 30th?

Thanks again,

-Ken-

Wait till the pool is open and the pump has been running for a couple of hours, then test all your levels again. Testing while the pool is closed and the pump hasn't been running can give very misleading results.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.