Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Placment of solar Heaters?

1. Back To Top    #1

Placment of solar Heaters?

I am getting ready to install a intex swg and two 2"20" solar heaters. My first ? is I need to know if I should put the swg inline before or after the solar heaters, I think it suppose to go after the solar heaters but im not for certain. I would like to have put the solar panels on the roof, however My roof faces north and south no east west
    So I am going to place them next to the pump. Should I just put some sand down to make a nice flat level surface or should I build some type of platform for them? Thanks a lot!!!
    24' 52" Agp 13500 gallons, PoolSchool, BBB, eco/kleer pump/filter 2.0 hp 70 gpm
    two 2'20' solar panels, 8110 intex swg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Placment of solar Heaters?

The panels should go before the swg. The swg should be the last thing in the line.

On your solar panels, they should go on the south facing roof slope. So if your roof slopes face north-south you have the perfect setup.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Well I could place the solar panels on the south roof, however it get's to much shade. So what do you think about placing it on the ground about 5-10" from the pump?
    24' 52" Agp 13500 gallons, PoolSchool, BBB, eco/kleer pump/filter 2.0 hp 70 gpm
    two 2'20' solar panels, 8110 intex swg

4. Back To Top    #4

I recommend placing them for greatest sun exposure during the season edges. If that's on the ground near the pool then that's where to place them.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit