Question regarding TF-100 reagent R-007

Is it just me, or do the drops come out of this bottle like machine gun bullets? I just got my first TF-100 test kit today and was excited to use it. Most everything went well, but when doing the TA test, I discovered that the drops from the R-007 bottle are much smaller than the other bottles and they seem to fly out. If I'm SUPER careful, I think I can accurately dispense 2 drops, but it's not easy.

Does this sound right, or am I messing something up? I had no problems with any of the other reagent bottles in the kit.

Thanks,
Phillip

Same thing happened to me with the 008 reagent. I wrote to the test kit email and they suggested that I swap out the dropper top with another one. What I ended up doing was getting the top off of the bottle and blowing and rinsing it out. That fixed the problem. I get normal sized drops now.

You can get the top off by carefully pushing on the dropper top sideways.

The dropper tips used in the TF-100 and the K-2006 have the same size orifice. The TF-100 dropper tips all come from the same batch (as do probably the K-2006) regardless whether the reagent is R-0007, R-0012, R-0008, etc.

The only repeating issue I am aware of with the drops not forming normally is when using the R-0009. That is a static electricity issue that seems unique to that particular reagent.

Certainly, any dropper tip could be clogged or defective but that incidence has been so small (almost non-existant) that it is hardly worth mentioning.

duraleigh said:
The dropper tips used in the TF-100 and the K-2006 have the same size orifice. The TF-100 dropper tips all come from the same batch (as do probably the K-2006) regardless whether the reagent is R-0007, R-0012, R-0008, etc.

The only repeating issue I am aware of with the drops not forming normally is when using the R-0009. That is a static electricity issue that seems unique to that particular reagent.

Certainly, any dropper tip could be clogged or defective but that incidence has been so small (almost non-existant) that it is hardly worth mentioning.

The R 0009 is the TA titrating drops...right...That is the only one I have had trouble with...When they come out fast like that the drops seem smaller and come out two at time...is that the Static problem?

cubbybeave08 said:
The R 0009 is the TA titrating drops...right...That is the only one I have had trouble with...When they come out fast like that the drops seem smaller and come out two at time...is that the Static problem?
Sounds like it, yep. Wipe the tip with a damp cloth every few drops, see if that makes the problem go away.
--paulr

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.